Wednesday, October 29, 2014

TIME: Apologize to teachers

I just want to say that I am very unhappy with the recent attacks made on educators!  I am an educator and I feel very unhappy about how the Koch brothers and Teach For America are spending millions of dollars trying to undermine the accomplishments of public education and public school educators.  I just want to give a real special shout out to all of my fellow educators! We are responsible for future! Take your jobs seriously and represent! We know what it is that we do and how good we are at it! Show and prove people!

Here is proof:

Time magazine's latest cover blames teachers for the problems in America’s schools.
This outrageous cover doesn’t even reflect Time's own reporting. While the cover article looks critically at tenure, it also questions the testing industry’s connections to Silicon Valley and the motives of the wealthy sponsors of anti-tenure lawsuits.

The articles inside the magazine present more balanced view of the issues. But for millions of Americans, all they’ll see is the cover and a misleading attack on teachers. Our educators deserve better treatment.

No comments: